MT4 Launcher issue on Windows 7

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
primito

MT4 Launcher issue on Windows 7

Post by primito »

Hello Support Team,

i bought the version 1.6 and let it run, works good so far.
I have an issue when i try to start the mt4 through tickstory launcher, i received the message attached.
My mt4 runs with the buld 840, do you have an idea why the mt4 will not starting correctly?

My second installation runs on a server, there all is fine. The mt4 has there als the same build, also 840.

On the server there is running a microsoft server edition 2012 running and on the computer where i cannot start the mt4, there is a windows7 installed.

Thanks for your support,
Prime
Attachments
launcher-error.jpg

tickstory

Re: MT4 Launcher issue on Windows 7

Post by tickstory »

Hi Primito,

Can you please try starting MT4 manually first and then subsequently launch via Tickstory to see if this resolves the issue?
Sometimes the launcher may have issues if there is a delay in the MT4 application startup.

Thanks.

primito

Post by primito »

will not work... I've tried back and forth with installing the mt4 new with the whole procedure...

Now i just receive a bigger list of errors... ;-)

Is there something i can do next?
Attachments
launcher2.jpg

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Primito,

Do you have another PC that it is working correctly on? What MT4 Build are you currently on and where did you source it? We'll try see if we can reproduce the error.
In the mean-time, can you please confirm you manually started MT4 before pressing the 'Launch' button - it isn't clear from your last post whether you tried this.

Thanks!

toughcookie47

Post by toughcookie47 »

Hi,

I have the same issue with the MT4 launcher for build 840 (using Tickstory v1.6.1). I've tried manually starting the MT4 platform, but it still gives the same error.

I'm also using Windows 7.

Regards
Attachments
tickstory error.PNG

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi - we're in the process of attempting to reproduce the error on Windows 7. Would you have the broker name of the MT4 installation you are using?
Also, have you used Tickstory successfully prior to Build 830?

Thanks.

toughcookie47

Post by toughcookie47 »

Hi,

I have the same problem on demo accounts from two brokers: Roboforex and AAAFX.

I've used an earlier version of Tickstory on builds prior to 830, but not with these brokers.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Thanks for the info, Toughcookie.
While we're looking at this, could you kindly try the build from the original broker to see if this helps?
We'll get back to you once we have done some tests.
Thanks.

toughcookie47

Post by toughcookie47 »

Hi,

I tried on two other MT4 platforms that I have used for extensive testing on earlier builds (FXopen and ICM) but I get the same error on those platforms (all on build 840).

Regards

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Toughcookie,

We performed further testing under fresh Windows 7 Ultimate installation (double-checking that.NET v3.5.1 was installed) and could not reproduce the problem. The Tickstory launcher worked successfully and did not raise any error. We have used a FXCM installation (link below) to test this. If you could try this installation out to see if things help, that would be great. You will need to do the following steps:

1) Unzip zip file into your 'Program Files' folder.
2) Scan the files with your anti-virus. The files have already been scanned with the latest Avast, but we recommend this as a precaution.
3) Run terminal.exe and set up a new demo account.
4) Configure Tickstory to point to this new MT4 folder in FIle->Settings.
5) Launch the MT4 from Tickstory. Hopefully there is no error.

Download link:
http://depositfiles.com/files/mggu3vuju

If you continue to get an error, would you be able to identify any notable differences in your Windows installation that could be causing an issue such as whether you have .NET v3.5.1 installed, whether your system is running slow (which can potentially affect the launcher), etc?

Please let us know how you go!

Thanks.