How to revert/rollback & disable auto-updates on MT4

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
nOzE

Re: How to revert & disable auto-updates on MT4

Post by nOzE »

Hi jollydragon,
after clearing the folders you have to download the version .765 and replace the 2 files in your Programfolder.
This should work!

jollydragon

Post by jollydragon »

nOzE wrote:Hi jollydragon,
after clearing the folders you have to download the version .765 and replace the 2 files in your Programfolder.
This should work!
Thank you very much, let me try again!

bmigette

Post by bmigette »

Here is a solution that seems to work:

1- Delete any file in this folder
C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\WebInstall\mt4clw
2- delete any file in this folder
C:\ProgramData\Metaquotes\WebInstall
3- If mt4 already upgraded, replace terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe with old files
4- Right click the 2 above folders, and set deny permission for everybody:
5- Launch mt4 again

4EverMaAT

Post by 4EverMaAT »

jollydragon wrote:Both folders below were cleared. But the issue is still there and the data is still overwritten.
Help!!!

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\WebInstall\mt4clw
bmigette wrote:Here is a solution that seems to work:

1- Delete any file in this folder
C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\WebInstall\mt4clw
2- delete any file in this folder
3- If mt4 already upgraded, replace terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe with old files
4- Right click the 2 above folders, and set deny permission for everybody:
5- Launch mt4 again
An even easier and full-proof setting:

1) right-click on blank area of desktop and create a new blank textfile called WebInstall.txt.
2) Rename the file to WebInstall [without the .txt extension]. You may have to go to Windows Explorer > Folder and Search options > View Tab > UN-check 'hide file extensions for known file types' In the same window, also select 'show hidden files, folders, and drives' radio button.
3) Set the WebInstall file to 'read-only. Right-click on the the file > Properties > General Tab > Check 'Read-Only' > Apply/OK.
4) Delete the WebInstall folder in both places C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\ and C:\ProgramData\Metaquotes
5) Copy the WebInstall file [read-only], to each location.

Now to update the terminal to the latest builds, you must run the broker mt4 installer for each installation.

I would have a server with several terminals and if a server restart is done, auto-update could break functionality very easily. Sometimes not all terminals were updated at the same time. Huge headache.

seanwilliams

Post by seanwilliams »

Couple of things I did that seemed to work ok.

- set the security on the terminal.exe to "deny write" on all users and system
2015-07-04_17-07-39.png
- put a "/skipupdate" command line arg into Tickstory
2015-07-04_17-06-55.png
While I'm here, big kudos for the Tickstory product, love love love it, keep up the good work, you got my money for 1.6!

Cheers
Sean

waelosman

Post by waelosman »

thank you very match

boscorelli91

Post by boscorelli91 »

I followed every step described here, yet I can't manage to open the MT4 when the files are overwritten, If I put the original files, it opens, but once I copy the build 765, it won't...anyone with this problem?

Also, I tried first dennying all permissions of the folders WebInstall, but it I try to do the second option of replacing by a "*.txt" file something turns out wrong: it won't allow me to erase the one at "C:\ProgramData\MetaQuotes"

Thanks for your time!

(What a headache this is...)

cammarosano

Post by cammarosano »

boscorelli91 wrote:I followed every step described here, yet I can't manage to open the MT4 when the files are overwritten, If I put the original files, it opens, but once I copy the build 765, it won't...anyone with this problem?

Also, I tried first dennying all permissions of the folders WebInstall, but it I try to do the second option of replacing by a "*.txt" file something turns out wrong: it won't allow me to erase the one at "C:\ProgramData\MetaQuotes"

Thanks for your time!

(What a headache this is...)
Yes, a headache this is!!!!

I am getting the same problem. The "new" (which is actually the old) terminal does not launch. Tried also a copy of MT4 build 765 from somewhere else, and the same problem occurs. Basically, MT4 build 765 does not launch on my computer.

Have you managed to fix this problem?

Has anyone got an idea of what could be causing this problem?

torvic

Re: How to revert/rollback & disable auto-updates on MT4

Post by torvic »

I would need to rollback MT4 to build 1170. On previous posts it was shown how to rollback to Build 765.
Is there a repository of Builds that can be downloaded?

xplorfx

Re: How to revert/rollback & disable auto-updates on MT4

Post by xplorfx »

Hi I'm trying to backtest and have old MT4 build but when launching it automatically changes to new MT4 as my tickstory older version doesn't support cant get 99.9 % results. it's on my desktop I downloaded it from here any guidance would be appreciated.

thnx