Download then manually import into MT4 - MAC

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
vabsie

Download then manually import into MT4 - MAC

Post by vabsie »

Hi ..

I was hoping you can give me some advice on what I'm trying to achieve please.

Firstly .. Am I right in saying that Tickstory is not compatible to run native on a MAC? If so then I need to achieve the following:

1) - On a Windows PC - Download my data using: Export to File - (Select Generic bar format - comma delimited?) - if to be imported into MT4 later?
2) - Copy the CSV file across onto the MAC.
3) - Import the CSV file manually using MT4 on the MAC.

For point 1 above, I assume it's OK if I only download data for the 4HR time-frame as the strategy will only run and be tested on the 4HR time-frame?

If I do the above, would I have to clear out any history on the target MT4 server first before the import? I wasn't sure if this approach would perhaps be harder or more error prone than doing the Export directly to the MT4 server at source and then perhaps copying those files across to the target MAC MT4 server?

The reason I would like to use the MAC for the optimization and testing is because it is a lot more powerful than my Windows PC.

Hope my questions are clear.

Thank you.

Vabsie

rpg

Re: Download then manually import into MT4 - MAC

Post by rpg »

As far as I know, there's no MT4 version for MAC. is there? And if you are using 3rd party softwares to run MT4 on your MAC, then I guess it's possible to do the same for Tickstory.

tickstory

Re: Download then manually import into MT4 - MAC

Post by tickstory »

Hi Vabsie,

I wasn't aware that MT4 was available natively on a Mac, either. The obvious solution would be to use a virtualised environment but I'm assuming that you're concerned that this would impact optimisation performance.

The solution could be to export a CSV in the 4hr format with a custom format like:

{Timestamp:yyyy.MM.dd,HH:mm},{Open:f5},{High:f5},{Low:f5},{Close:f5},{Volume:F0}

Alternatively, you could generate the HST files and then copy them over.

Hope this helps.